Homesick

Dear Sally
This year has been ever so tiring. I was hoping to be home to see you and father soon  but alas that cannot be. With the battle of   our forces have been taxed and I am really needed to keep morale up. I hope yall are being treated as you should be and the slaves are also being treated properly. Please restock my whiskey because father most likely drank it all and heaven only knows Im going to need it after destroying these yanks. If you have not heard, we have officially declared war on the Union. I have to stay remember my love is always with you and remember that I do this for us and our nation. When I come back we will be more influential and we can finally get that slave you always wanted. See you soon my dear
With love
Colonel Pettigrew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of Gettysburg

Screaming silence