Dear Alexa, If you are reading this I have died in war.

I have fought hard through the beginning and the end of the war with no regrets but for the fact that i din't get to spend more time with you and the kids. I have done my best and served my country well to preserve our lifestyle. If you are reading this we have also lost the battle near Appomattox and had to surrender because of the shear fact that our army wasn't big enough to sustain...

After dying I have asked god for one more favor. I am sure you have heard about the assassination of Lincoln, I think Booth was in the wrong to go behind the beck of a northern leader but at the same time someone needed to shut that fool up. Anyways, I love you and the kids so much and i am sorry you have to life with those free blacks roaming the streets.


Sincerely,
Major Stephen B. Madden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of Gettysburg

Screaming silence